During the mild winters that Arizona enjoys, you might not think about calling a professional to inspect and maintain your heating and air-conditioning system. You might wait until spring, whetemperatures are already starting to warm. Actually, the best time to have your system serviced is during the fall and winter seasons.
Don’t Wait Until Disaster Strikes
A 2015 consumer research summary report by Emerson Climate Technologies found that most people don’t replace their HVAC systems until a major breakdown occurs. Statistically, a complete air conditioner breakdowns happen during the summer, when the systems are under the most stress. That means going without air conditioning for days while you schedule a technician to replace the system. Here in Arizona, that just won’t work.
To keep the air conditioner from stranding your family in the blazing summer heat, schedule proper professional maintenance in the fall or winter. A professional technician can tell you if you should replace your system soon or just perform maintenance to keep it working well. If your heating or cooling system needs to be replaced, you can schedule a comfortable time to have the new one installed.
Give Yourself Time To Think
If your HVAC system fails in the middle of summer, you’d likely accept the first available technician and whatever system he or she has in stock instead of waiting for your ideal system. Having maintenance and service done during the fall or winter allows you to take your time and think about what your home needs. You can choose the best technician and the best system, even if you need to order it — ensuring that your family will remain comfortable year-round.
Typical HVAC Maintenance?
According to Energy Star, typical professional maintenance of your heating and cooling system should include:
- Checking the thermostat settings – Your technician should ensure that your thermostat’s program gives you the desired temperature when you’re home and saves money when you’re away.
- Tightening electrical connections – A professional should measure the voltage and current on all the motors in your system to keep it working safely.
- Lubricating the moving parts – This prevents friction in the motors, which decreases wear and tear and increases the efficiency and lifespan of your system.
- Checking the controls on the system – Your technician will check whether your system starts, operates properly, and shuts off correctly.
- Check your gas or oil system – A gas or oil leak can be extremely dangerous, and keeping your heat exchange or heater clean ensures that your system operates efficiently.
- Inspect, clean, and change your air filters – You don’t need to rely on a professional for this one. You should regularly do this yourself.
Don’t wait until it’s urgent; fall and winter are the best times to have your system serviced. With a little initiative and due diligence, your next spring and summer will be cool and comfortable. When you live in Arizona, you need your air conditioner all day long; you don’t want it to be out of service for a minute. That makes fall and winter the best times to have your heating and air-conditioning system checked out. Visit Simply the Best Heating and Cooling to schedule today.